Tuesday 4 March 2014

Shrove Tuesday: The Simplest Pancake Recipe Ever!

Today I woke up and remembered it was Shrove Tuesday (also known as Pancake Day). So I decided to make myself some pancakes for breakfast.

It's been a while since I've last made pancakes, so I couldn't remember how I usually make them. I had a look on Google and all the recipes I found were all overly complicated. I thought to myself it isn't usually this complicated, and suddenly the recipe I usually use came back to me. Wahey! It is so simple I thought I would share it with you.

Ingredients

For the pancake mixture:
1 egg
1 cup of flour (can use plain or self-raising)
1 cup of milk
Butter (to fry)


To serve (optional):
Sugar
Lemon
Golden syrup

Makes 4 - 6 pancakes

Method

Measure out the flour and the milk in a cup about this size


Add the flour, milk and egg to a bowl and whisk until smooth


Turn the hob up to a medium heat and add a knob of butter to a frying pan so the pancake mixture doesn't stick


Next, pour the mixture into the frying pan


Make sure the mixture covers the bottom of the frying pan and keep moving the mixture around to avoid burning it. After a few minutes, it should feel firmer and go a lovely gold colour on the cooked side. Then you can flip it! This is where it could all go wrong. If you've managed to flip the pancake over without any mess (I'm not gonna lie, I dropped one of mine) it should look like this

 
Make sure the pancake is thoroughly cooked on both sides
 
Now sit down, relax and enjoy your lovely pancakes. I added golden syrup and sugar to mine. But you can use lemon, cream, strawberries. Anything you want.
 
Bon appétit! :)
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment