Friday 7 March 2014

Collective Spring Haul: Makeup & Skincare - Part 2

As I promised yesterday, here is the second and probably the more exciting part of my collective haul – makeup and skincare!

When I went shopping the other day I took advantage of Boots 3 for 2 offer on all makeup products. I wanted to try another one of Soap & Glory’s Sexy Mother Pucker gloss sticks, I already have one in the colour ‘Nudist’ and I really like the formula. It’s like a mixture of a balm and a gloss but quite subtle. It also smells amazing, like vanilla, and vanilla is my favourite smell ever. It’s the type of thing you can wear on a typical every day lip.
 
 
I wanted to try a different colour so I tried ‘Bashful’. It’s a nice pinkish colour with a subtle shimmer and just adds a pop of colour to my lips.
 

Sticking with Soap & Glory, I also picked up their Lid Stuff eyeshadow palette in ‘What’s Nude’.
It’s a lovely little nude palette with some really nice colours. From top to bottom: Vanilla, Pink T, Mudhoney and Aubersheen. I’ve tried it out and so far I really like it! I might be doing a full review on this soon so watch this space.

I’d already chosen two things but I couldn’t decide what to be my third item since it was 3 for 2. So I got mascara! You can never have too much mascara. I got L’Oreal Volume Million Lashes in Extra Black.

 

I’d heard good things about the Volume Million mascaras in the blogging world and it also helped that the packaging was really pretty, so I went for this one. I’ve used it and it’s amazing. It really defines all my lashes and gives them extra volume like it says on the tube.


I wasn’t going to include this next item because I got it free with Glamour magazine. But I needed black kohl eyeliner so I thought why not!
 
It’s a Model Co eyeliner and one of the cool things about this eyeliner is that it has a sharpener on the lid. So handy for when you can never find a sharpener!

I also bought this Batiste Cherry dry shampoo. I love dry shampoo for those days when you don’t quite need to wash your hair, but it could do with a little pick-me-up. I’ve never tried the cherry one before so hopefully it smells good.
 
Probably the most unusual product I have bought is this Balance Snake Venom eye cream from TK Maxx.


I was on the market for an eye cream and when I saw this. The snake venom part really intrigued me and it was inexpensive so I decided to try it. Now I’m pretty sure this isn’t real snake venom (that would be weird) but it has an ingredient called Syn-Ake which apparently has similar results as real snake venom which is a botox-ish effect. I’ve only been using it a few days so I’m not sure if it works yet. Time will tell! I may do a full review of this in a few weeks.


Recently I’ve been stepping up my game in the skincare department. I’m not a teenager anymore, I’m 20 now. So I thought it would be the right time to splash out on a really good cleanser to add to my skincare routine. I had heard so much good stuff about the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish and it really does live up to the hype.
I chose the starter kit which comes with a 100ml Cleanse & Polish and some muslin cloths. They also sent me a complementary 30ml travel size one which I thought was really nice! At £14.75 it’s a little more than I’d pay for a cleanser but it’s not ridiculous and I really think it’s worth the money. It goes on almost like a moisturiser, and then with a warm damp cloth ‘polish’ the day’s dirt from your face. It leaves my skin feeling really soft, and I really like incorporating a cloth into the cleansing process because you can see the results.
That's all, hope you all have a wonderful day!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment