Thursday 20 March 2014

GHD IV Jade Styler Review

A few days ago I was lucky enough to receive the ghd Jade styler from my boyfriend as a gift so I thought I’d do a review of them.
The classic ghd styler has had a makeover! As you may know ghd have launched a lovely pastel collection in time for spring with the colours of Jade, Periwinkle and Lavender. The hardest part was trying to decide which colour to go for! Lavender is a lovely lilac colour and Jade is a beautiful mint green colour. As it happens these are actually my two favourite colours so it was extra hard to decide! In the end I went for Jade.

 Ghd stands for ‘good hair day’ and they certainly live up to their name. Ghd claims these stylers have ''ceramic heat technology to straighten and smooth, and a rounded body to create curls and waves''.

I think most people know that GHD’s are the best straighteners out there because they’re used in all the salons. What I like about them is that they are so versatile; thanks to the rounded barrel you can not only straighten, but curl or make your hair wavy. For someone with very frizzy hair like me, they really help to smooth it out. The plates just glide down your hair and you can feel they are good quality.
They’re also really great from a practical view point. Little things like the swivel cord are really helpful for when you’re curling your hair because it means they move with your hair instead of being awkward like some cheaper straighteners. They also have a ‘sleep mode’ which means they turn off after 30 minutes of inactivity. This would be good if you accidently left them switched on and very safe. The only thing about them that some people might not like is that they don’t have any extra heat settings, you turn it on and it heats up and there are no other options. This might bother you if you’re worried about damaging your hair and want a low heat setting. However for me they are optimum temperature.
As you can see they left my hair smooth and straight.

If you’re in a rush then you’ll be pleased to hear that these ghd’s heat up so quickly! You switch them on and within about 15 seconds they beep and that’s when you know they’re ready to use. The power cable length is 2.7 metres which is so handy.
The stylers from the pastel collection retail for £110 which is pretty pricey for a hair straightener. However I think they’re worth it. In my opinion it’s better to buy a good quality straightener that will last for years than a few cheap pairs that aren’t as good. I have owned a pair of ghd’s in the past and they lasted for years. I’ve also had cheaper straighteners in the past and they just don’t work as well has ghd’s. So in my opinion they’re an investment. You can buy them from www.ghdhair.com.
I hope this review is helpful! Which one is your favourite colour? x
post signature

5 comments:

  1. Is it really stupid that I never knew GHD stood for that?! haha!

    I LOVE the mint green, such a gorgeous colour!!

    Hayley x

    http://hayleyjachz.blogspot.co.uk/


    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mint colour, I have wanted to get some GHDs for ages now! x

    melodiebenson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s I've nominated you for the Liebster award, check out my post and answer questions :) Hayley xx

    http://hayleyjachz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw you're so lucky to have gotten these from your boyfriend! The colour is so pretty and your hair looks gorgeous!


    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I was so happy when I got them! Thank you! :)

      Delete