Monday 10 March 2014

I've been nominated for a Liebster Award!

Hey guys! I hope you all had a brilliant weekend. Mine was chilled out and I’m glad it’s a brand new week now. So I thought I’d start the week off by telling you all I’ve been nominated by the lovely Annebelle from Annabeebeauty for the Liebster Award.
Since being nominated I have found out that The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers that have 200 followers or less. It’s designed to encourage interaction and chat between new bloggers.
There are a few rules:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must state 11 facts about yourself.
3. You must answer the 11 questions given to you, from your nominator. 
4. You must nominate other bloggers, and set 11 questions for them to answer.
5. You can't nominate the person who nominated you.
6. You must tell the people you've nominated them, so they can take part!

 Here are the 11 Facts About me:

1. I'm 20 years old.

2. In September I will be going to uni to study Marketing.

3. I live in Staffordshire.

4. A month ago I returned home from living in Australia for 9 months.

5. I love watching Coronation Street

6. My favourite animals are penguins.

7. I love cooking and baking.

8. My favourite movie is Inglorious Basterds.

9. My favourite musician is David Bowie.

10. I really want to go to New York.

11. My favourite flowers are white roses.


Here are the questions Annabelle has nominated me to answer:

1. What is your favourite skincare product?

For me the answer has to be moisturiser with an SPF to protect my skin from sun damage. After I wash my face or have a shower I have to moisturise my skin because if I didn’t it would instantly go dry and I’d be unable to apply makeup. I think moisturising is the most important part of a skin care routine and I use two different types. For the daytime I use Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream For Face and it has SPF 15, it’s a really thick moisturising cream that I love. The second is Aveeno Shea Butter Moisturising Lotion for dry and sensitive skin. I use this if it’s night time or if I’m not going out because it’s a really nice non-scented formula. Love it!

2. If you could only use 3 make-up products for a week, which 3 would you choose?

As much as I love makeup it doesn’t bother me to go without it. But sometimes if I’m in a rush there is certain products I reach for. So if I could only use 3 for a week I’d go for BareMinerals foundation because sometimes I don’t feel like applying liquid foundation so BareMinerals is just right. Secondly I’d use Soap & Glory Kick Ass concealer for a bit of extra coverage. Lastly I’d use another Soap & Glory product, Sexy Mother Pucker gloss stick in Nudist. Simply because I love the subtle nude colour it gives my lips, and it smells so good!

3. If you could steal one celebrity's wardrobe, whose would it be?
I don’t think I would steal any of their wardrobes. I often see celebrities wearing things I love but it’s never just one celebrity. I have a unique and varied taste so take inspiration from sooo many celebrities.

4. What is your dream job? (Or, if you already have it, what is it?)
My dream job seems to be changing all the time! I’m 20 and I still don’t know what I want to do with my life career wise. I’ve always thought being a journalist would be really interesting. I also love animals loads so another amazing job would be to open an animal sanctuary for endangered animals. Now, more realistically I would really like to have my own successful business one day.

5. One gadget/piece of tech you couldn't live without?
Predictably it’s my iPhone :P

6. What is your favourite TV show?
I go through phases with TV series where I get addicted and watch like 10 episodes in one day but my all-time favourite has to be Peep Show! It’s the funniest thing ever and if I want to laugh I will watch it.

7. List 3 of your favourite colours:

Mint green

Duck-Egg blue

Coral

8. Best book you've ever read?

That’s a toughie! I love so many for different reasons. My all-time favourites (so far) are:

1984 – George Orwell

Memoirs of a Geisha – Arthur Golden

The War of the Worlds – H.G. Wells

9. Are you a bath person, or a shower person?

Both! I tend to shower more often but I actually enjoy baths more. What does that make me? :P

10. Would you rather go on a a) relaxing beach holiday, b) active/adventure holiday, c) cultural/arty/foody holiday, or d) winter sports holiday?

A mixture of A and C. My perfect holiday is very relaxing but with a bit of culture and history thrown in.

11. What is your favourite thing about blogging?

It’s still all very new to me at the moment but I’m really enjoying it. My favourite thing is probably the sense of community you get – everyone is so supportive. I also get a nice feeling of achievement when I publish a new post, like I’m being very productive with my time! I also love reading other peoples blogs just to chill out and relax.


I hope you enjoyed reading my answers! I nominate the following bloggers for a Liebster Award:

Here are the 11 questions I’d like you to answer:
1. What's your favourite thing about blogging?
2. What's your favourite animal?
3. Apart from blogging, what are your other hobbies?
4. What's your dream holiday destination?
5. Describe yourself in three words.
6. What's your favourite season and why?
7. What's your favourite makeup product ever and why?
8. What type of music do you like?
9. What's your star sign?
10. What are your favourite apps (if you use them)?
11. What's your favourite type of food?


Thank you to Annabelle for nominating me and I look forward to hearing all your answers. :)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment