Monday 24 February 2014

Rimmel ‘Metal Rush’ Nail Polish in Royal Blue – Review

So for my very first blog post EVER I thought I’d do a quick review of Rimmel London’s nail polish in the colour ‘Royal Blue’ from the Metal Rush collection.

I’d been thinking about buying a metallic nail polish for a while because I’ve really liked duo-chrome effect nail polish recently. I went into town yesterday with hopes of going to Boots to have a browse but it was closed (boo Sundays!) and later I just happened to spot this lovely nail polish in Poundland (of all places) for the bargain price of – you guessed it, £1! They retail for £3.99. These nail polishes aren’t new, in fact they’ve been out for a couple of years but when I saw the bottle it was like a shiny gem and I had to have it.
 
                              
 

There are four different shades in this range; Royal Blue, Gold Save The Queen, Purple Reign and Pearly Queen. I like the names of these polishes, I’m sensing a definite patriotic theme from Rimmel here!
                              

Royal blue looks like a mixture of metallic purple and teal green in the bottle and I wasn’t sure what it would look like when transferred to my nails because I’ve never used a duo-chrome nail polish before but it really did look identical as when it was in the bottle. I find it looks purple in darker lighting but the teal becomes so much more apparent in bright light giving an intriguing effect. It reminds me of that colour of petrol when it has spilled on the pavement, a shiny mix of colours!
                                              

                             
 
The brush is the same as Rimmel have in most of their nail polish. I find it's quite wide and makes it easier if you're not very good at painting your nails (like me!) and ensures a neater application. So far I've been wearing this nail polish for around 24 hours and there are no chips and it still looks perfect. I did apply a base coat and a top coat so hopefully it will stay put for a while because I'm really loving the colour!
 
 
It's such pretty colour and I'm pleased with the £1 price tag! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment